I am sometimes asked how I stay so calm with my children. The truth is, I’m not always calm, but I have come a long way. One of the tools that helped me get here is meridian tapping.
Since I learned about EFT (a type of meridian tapping) in 2010, it has gone mainstream, and with good reason. By tapping on a few specific points on your body, you can dramatically reduce your stress level, often in just a few minutes.
Meridian Tapping is a technique that combines talking about a problem and tapping on meridian points to bring about different, more comfortable feelings about it.
A Bit More Information
Meridian Tapping Techniques are an emotional, needle-free version of acupuncture, Tapping on certain meridian points with the fingertips shifts energy and can help us to regain our equilibrium. Since emotional stress can contribute to discomfort, EFT often provides astonishing relief.
Click here to learn how to tap with my Super-Easy Tapping Guide.
Why do we need to deal with emotions?
E-motions are energy in motion. Energy is the invisible foundation for health in the body. The body is composed of energy pathways and energy centers that are in a dynamic interplay with the cells, organs, moods, and thoughts.
When we shift these energies using homeopathic remedies or meridian stimulation techniques, we influence our health, emotions, and state of mind.
Tap for Stress-Reduction
- Think of something that troubles you.
- Where do you feel it?
- On a scale from 1 to 10, how intense is this feeling?
- Now, focusing on this feeling, begin tapping on your karate chop point with your other hand. Say, “Even though I have (this feeling), I am a really good person.”
- Do this three times then tap on each of the points shown in the illustration while naming the feeling.
- Here’s a video and tapping chart to learn where to tap.
- How do you feel now?
- How intense is that feeling on a scale of 1 to 10?
- Did you think of anything while tapping?
- If yes, you can tap on this new feeling or memory.
When to Use EFT
Whenever you feel
What to Say While Tapping
Begin tapping on the Karate Chop point while saying the following set-up phrases.
- Even though I am so frustrated, I want to love and accept myself anyway.
- Even though I am so stressed, I want to accept and forgive myself.
- Even though this is really crazy, I love myself and am willing to try this way to calm myself.
|TH:||I just want to have one ordinary normal day.|
|EB:||Even a nice, normal hour.|
|OE:||My whole body is tense.|
|UE:||The stress is really getting to me.|
|UN:||I eat too much (or not enough).|
|CH:||I don’t have any time for myself.|
|CB:||I have to manage every minute of every day.|
|UA:||I feel so alone.|
|UN:||I feel scared.|
- ET I have this difficult life, I am willing to consider the possibility that it can be easier.
- ET I feel angry and frustrated, I am open to the idea that I can find peace in my days.
- ET I feel like I can’t take it anymore, I am a good mother.
|TH:||My life is very challenging.|
|EB:||I am handling it well.|
|OE:||I make lots of mistakes.|
|UE:||I also do a lot of things right.|
|UN:||The stress of having this child is difficult sometimes.|
|CH:||There are also times of great joy.|
|CB:||Sometimes I want to go hide or run away.|
|UA:||Sometimes I am grateful for the privilege of being with this amazing kid.|
|UN:||I’m doing a good job.|
|LF:||I am doing my best.|
- ET I have a challenging life, I choose to embrace it with grace.
- ET I get so stressed sometimes, I choose to find a way to find peace and relief.
- ET I sometimes wish it was different for me, I choose to love the life and the child I have.
|TH:||I choose to be strong.|
|EB:||I choose to forgive myself as often as necessary.|
|OE:||I choose to forgive my spouse when he/she does not do enough.|
|UE:||I choose to forgive my child(ren) for annoying me.|
|UN:||I choose to be easy on myself.|
|CH:||I choose to find time for myself every day.|
|CB:||I choose to have joy in my life.|
|UA:||I choose to have peace in my life.|
|UN:||I am o.k.|
|Thumb:||I choose to love myself.|
|IF:||I choose to be easy on myself.|
|MF:||I am o.k.|
|RF:||I am o.k.|
|LF:||I am o.k.|
If, as you are tapping along with the script, you think of another issue or feeling, tap on it. If you feel a sensation in your body, tap on it.
For example, if you begin to feel a tightness in your throat while tapping, go back to the Karate Chop Point and use a set-up phrase like, “Even though I have this intense tightness in my throat, I want to love myself anyway.”
As you tap through the points, use a simple reminder phrase such as, “This tightness in my throat.” If the sensation changes again, change your words while continuing to tap through the points. For example, “This choking feeling in my throat.”
The tapping scripts are provided to give you an idea of how to start and to get the feel of using EFT. It is always more important to use your own words than mine. Trust yourself. Notice what comes up. Tap on it without judging yourself or the feeling.
When I first read about EFT, I was intrigued. Yet when I tried it for myself, I was not impressed. Nothing seemed to happen. I hope that your experience is different. I will not go into all of the reasons that it did not work for me. However, since I am now an EFT practitioner and proponent and use EFT for myself constantly, I want you to know that what made a difference for me was having a session with an EFT practitioner. About 45 minutes into my first session, I experienced a huge emotional release and understood the value of this technique.
If you would like to experience a guided EFT/meridian taping session, please contact me. Free tapping circles for mothers coming soon.